The average prices of PET scrap saw a consistent rise across the month. It should be noted that the prices across the country varied by at least 5-6% and the price fluctuation due to local factors has impacted the national average.
A consistently high rate was observed in Himachal Pradesh with ₹ 48.5/Kg at the highest. On the other hand, lowest rate was observed in North Western states like Gujarat – ₹ 43.5/Kg.
Week 1 (1st – 7th September)
Highest ⬆️ : ₹ 43/kgLowest ⬇️ : ₹ 46.5/kg
Week 2 (8th – 14th September)
Highest ⬆️ : ₹ 41.5/kgLowest ⬇️ : ₹ 47/kg
Week 3 (15th – 21st September)
Highest ⬆️ : ₹ 44.5/kgLowest ⬇️ : ₹ 48/kg
Week 4 (22nd – 31st September)
Highest ⬆️ : ₹ 43.5/kgLowest ⬇️ : ₹ 48.5/kg
Factors affecting PET bottle Scrap prices
There are multiple factors affecting the PET bottle Scrap prices in India. In a broader view, the prices have seen a rise due to – Gaps in Demand & Supply.
To be more specific, the other factors affecting PET bottle scrap prices in India are:
- Consumer consumption behaviour due to the heavy monsoon that affected many parts of the country – led to low availability of PET plastic.
- Pandemic related disruptions in consumer industry
- Disruptions in Transportation and surge in demand for logistics
- Global and National crude oil prices
- Prices of Virgin PET plastic, Flakes, Fibre and more
Want to buy and sell your PET scrap easily?
Head over to Recykal Marketplace mobile applications – a one-stop solution for buying and selling your baled PET scrap to buyers around the country.
Download the App now!